[dropcap]T[/dropcap]his DIY no sew bench cushion is super easy to make and I created one for our floating dining bench for our recent dining room makeover. I have ZERO sewing skills and was able to create a bench cushion that is 13 ft long! If you can wrap a present, you can do this!
(post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
DIY NO SEW BENCH CUSHION
- fabric of choice, I used this fabric
- upholstery foam cushion, mine is 3″ thick
- electric knife
- safety pins
- Measure bench and trim foam accordingly. I used a marker and measured 3 inches all the way down the foam and used a ruler to make a straight line.
- Then, using an electric knife I trimmed off the excess. I tried using scissors at first, but the electric knife cut through the foam with ease and went a lot faster.
- Lay fabric out, place cushion on top and then wrap cushion like a present. I used safety pins to keep everything is place, remembering to smooth out the fabric with each wrap so there were no wrinkles.
- Keep the corners clean and trim off any excess fabric for an even fold. Remember its just like wrapping a present!
- The safety pins keep everything in place and because the cushion is so thick, they aren’t noticeable when sitting down or seen.
Told you it was easy! This option was very affordable and much cheaper than having a custom cushion made that needed to be 13 feet long. I like that the foam cushion is thick and will not sag overtime, plus its very comfortable! The best part about not sewing the cushion, is that I can easily remove it and wash it if there is ever a stain or spill.
What do you think? Is this a project you could do?
Leave a comment or chat with me on Instagram + Facebook!
SOURCES + PROJECT POSTS: dining table | fabric | assorted pillow covers | board and batten | diy dining bench