Last year, I made a Thanksgiving dinner in the slow cooker that turned out amazing and it was so good! And because it was so simple, we were both able to put it in to-go containers and take them to work. I’ll be making it again this year because it was so good!
The house smells just like Thanksgiving when I cook this! It’s Thanksgiving dinner without all the mess! This recipe is actually chicken, instead of turkey but still very good! In fact, Joe didn’t even notice it was chicken until I told him. If you’d like turkey instead, I suggest leaving the chicken out of this recipe and then adding the turkey later.
SLOW COOKER THANKSGIVING
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 boxes of stuffing mix, I used Stove Top Chicken flavor
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 package of frozen green beans
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray and put chicken breasts at bottom of the pot.
- Pour both boxes of stuffing (dry mix) over the chicken.
- Mix together the sour cream and cans of chicken soup in a separate bowl. Then, pour over the dry stuffing mix.
- Add the frozen green beans as the last layer.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Half way between cooking time, use a fork to fluff the stuffing mix and allow the water to steam and continue cooking the stuffing.
- The chicken will fall apart when it’s been cooked long enough, if it doesn’t you can shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
This recipe is so simple and so good! I serve it with rolls and my mini pumpkin pies and we watched our favorite Christmas movie, Home Alone. It’s so good, I might make it more than once this year! 🙂
Will you be trying this recipe? Share with me!
Leave a comment or chat with me on Instagram + Facebook!
LIKE THIS SLOW COOKER THANKSGIVING RECIPE? PIN IT & SAVE FOR LATER!