(post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
Each year Joe and I celebrate Valentine’s Day in anyway we can. Sometimes its the day of, or the weekend before, but this year we did it even earlier and had our own simple Valentine’s brunch. We had a day off from work together, so I made one of our favorite breakfasts. Yep, cinnamon rolls!
I had planned on making them from scratch, but when the pre-made ones are just as good, it’s so much easier! To be honest, we have cinnamon rolls a lot, so I always have a tube in the fridge ready for an easy Sunday morning. 🙂 For a festive touch, I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to “stamp” each cinnamon roll with a little love.
For an extra touch, I added a simple DIY table runner using supplies I already had around the house. It was a quick and simple solution to decorating and preventing a sticky table!
DIY Valentine Table Runner
- craft paper
- masking tape
- sponge brush or artist brush
- white craft paint, use red or pink too!
- Unroll craft paper to desired length and cut. Use tape to secure paper to table edge underneath. Repeat for both sides of the table.
- Using brush and craft paint “write” XOXO and XO in different variations and directions. Get creative – use pink or red paint or add hearts! You could also use a Jumbo Chalk Marker for the same look (it’s easier, I just didn’t have one on hand).
- Let dry before adding tableware and decor.
I used our gold flatware, white dishes, and a $5 bouquet of flowers to complete the look. I love being able to use what we have already and it’s such a simple but festive look.
What do you think? Do you do a Valentine’s Brunch?
If you are following along on the Valentine’s Day Home Blog Tour – up next is Lauren at House of Hire!
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE OTHER BLOGGERS ON THE TOUR!