This year I wanted to do something different than our previous Halloween decor but still didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I re-created my summer doormat, but with a Halloween theme. You can find the steps and materials needed below from this previous post.
- basic coir doormat
- alphabet stencil
- craft paint, I used black but any color will work
- sponge stamper
- masking tape or painters tape
- small artist brush
- Decide where you would like your lettering to be (left, right, center, top, bottom) and use tape to create a straight edge as a starting point.
- Use the tape guide and place stencil. I started at the bottom left and worked my way up to ensure my letters and spacing would be even. Using the sponge stamper and craft paint, carefully stamp all letters to your mat.
- Once all letters are complete and dry, using a small artist brush fill in the letters. The coir of the mat is thick, so lots of paint and filling in helps.
I love this project because there are so many possibilities. It’s a quick and easy way to switch up the decor for the season or create a personalized doormat for your family. If you are having a hard time with a saying for a doormat – I’m sharing a few of my favorites.
10 CLEVER SAYINGS FOR YOUR HALLOWEEN DOORMAT
- WITCH BETTER HAVE MY CANDY
- CREEP IT REAL
- HERE FOR THE BOOS
- TRICK OR TREAT YO SELF
- BOO FELICIA
- STRAIGHT OUTTA COFFIN
- EAT DRINK AND BE SCARY
- PICK YOUR POISON
- BASIC WITCH
- BOW DOWN WITCHES