The first week of the One Room Challenge got off to a great start and I’m excited to start week two! In the actual design of the room, it doesn’t seem like I got a lot done, but I did accomplish the biggest DIY project – installing new floors! As I mentioned in last week’s post, I am using the same Pergo flooring that we have in the rest of our home. This was the last room that needed to be completed and I’m glad because sadly the flooring has been discontinued.
There are no pretty pictures to share, but I did share a few videos on my Instagram stories! Here’s a break down of my week:
Cleaned out the room of unused decor, empty boxes, craft supplies, pillows, etc. and prepared them to donate to the Salvation Army. I also donated my old college apartment furniture. These before pictures are pretty embarrassing, almost as bad as my real house tour!
Cleaned out the large closet in the room that also contained craft supplies, boxes, and decor. Now that the closet has been cleaned out, I will be able to fit my treadmill into the closet so that it doesn’t take up space in the guest bedroom but can still be used.
Salvation Army came to the house and picked up all my junk. I love that they schedule pickups and I don’t have to worry about loading up my car. Once the room was cleaned out, I was able to remove the baseboards, start ripping up the carpet and install the floors. In this post, I shared how easy it is to install Pergo flooring!
I continued working on the floors, and since the room is so small, I just did small sections at a time. Moving everything to one side of the room and then back. I was able to work on the floors for a couple of hours each day before having to go to work at night. This worked out great because I was able to stay on track and it saved my back!
Making more progress with floors!
Finished the floors for the room and started on the closet. The closet was easy because it is small and I got it done quickly, however, I will worry about the baseboards, trim, paint, and organizing once the room is done. I only have five weeks left and don’t want to waste time on a space that won’t be seen.
Installed the baseboards and removed the old trim from the doors.
This upcoming week I will work on installing new trim for the doors and window. Hopefully, I can also get started on the board and batten!