I have been loving the vintage art trend that is going on in design right now! I’ve browsed a few thrift stores and online marketplaces for the perfect piece of vintage art but was never able to find one that I liked. Then I remembered an app I have on my phone that turns photos into works of art. After a few attempts and some light editing, I was able to create my own DIY vintage art! (post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
DIY VINTAGE ART STEPS
- Download the Waterlogue App
- Upload a photo
- Choose which setting you like, I used Natural
- Change the settings to Jumbo 12 (it makes the brushstrokes more detailed and clear)
- Adjust the light to Darker
- Save to phone
- If desired, upload into another photo editing app, like Lightroom and adjust the saturation and colors, I adjusted the blue in the sky
I used my favorite Belmont frames from Michaels. I chose the brown color because it appeared more traditional and compliments the art. A gold frame would also be pretty! I shared a few sneak peeks on Instagram and got a lot of great feedback. So I decided to share these as FREE downloads if you want some vintage art too!
However, if you aren’t in the mood to DIY or can’t find a photo that converts nicely, there are plenty of options online and on Etsy. You can have them printed at a local store or print at home. I’ve linked a few of my favorites!