My idea of “Netflix and chill” is a Saturday night bubble bath and a season of Ozark. This DIY scrap wood bath tray was the perfect solution to that. Plus, I was able to clear out more wood piles from the garage. I’ve made a few other projects with scrap wood this summer including some wood pedestals and a picture frame easel. (post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
DIY SCRAP WOOD BATH TRAY
- 1×8 common board or scrap wood
- a stain of choice, I used my go-to stain combo
- any hardware pulls or knobs, I used these
- felt pad protectors
- Cut the board to the width of the bathtub, I cut mine at 38 inches.
- Lightly sand and then stain to color of choice.
- Add hardware with wood screws or screws supplied with hardware.
- Attach felt pads to the bottom of hardware or wood so that it doesn’t scratch the tub.
There are so many bath trays online and available to purchase. But this project is so easy I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make one for myself. Now I have a place for a great smelling candle, my iPad to watch a movie or read a good mystery novel, and a place for a little beverage.